Vacuum cleaners play an essential role in human life. They are the machines which keep your home clean without tiredness. Not only having cleaning function, the vacuum cleaners also have amazing features for you to enjoy your time while the house is cleansed. Some come with a schedule program so that even though you are not home, the cleaners still do their jobs perfectly. Or, they have features which filter out allergens and small particles and get rid of unpleasant odors for the sake of your family’s health. Because of all these merits, people wish to own a cleaner which delivers quality results at affordable price.
Among all the brands in the market, Bissell’s products always catch my attention due to stylish and modern looks. Bissell has established its regime with hundreds of years manufacturing vacuum cleaners. Dyson models are well-known for its top-notch quality, yet expensive. Bissell is praised as matching rival of Dyson with more affordable price ranges. This comparisons is going to be the fourth articles relating to Bissell CrossWave models. All of them are similar with a few differences. And, Bissell CrossWave 17859 and 1785a are no exception. Let’s see what makes them stand out from the rest.
Bissell CrossWave 17859 vs 1785a: Comparison And Review
Bissell CrossWave 17859 and 1785a have established their name in the market as two of the best ways to mop and vacuum your hard floors at the same time. Thus, it means you can save lots of time and energy for other activities. The principle is that they function as normal vacuums which will clean carpets just as effectively as any other. The problem is that Bissell has tendency to manufacture similar models with few differences, which causes confusion for customers. If you are considering buying a Bissell CrossWave, one of these two is an amazing choice. I’m going to review the Bissel 17859 vs 1785a and give you the idea which CrossWave model is the right one for your home. Keep on reading.
- Multi-surface machine can both vacuum and wash floors at same time
- Smart-Touch controls allow you to switch between cleaning sealed hard floors and area rugs; Control your solution with an on-demand solution trigger
- Includes: Multi-surface brush; Multi-surface cleaner (8 oz.); Parking Tray; Wood floor brush; Wood floor cleaner (8 oz.)
- Two-tank system keeps cleaning solution and dirty water separate; Dual action multi-surface brush roll rotates at 3,500 RPM, using a microfiber and nylon brush to mop while also picking up dry debris; 12" cleaning path
- Measures 10.5" L x 12" W x 46" H; Cord measures 25' L; Weighs 11.6lbs
- Vacuums And washes your floors at the same time; surface type: bare floors
- Multi Surface Machine Cleans Both Sealed Hard Floors And Area Rugs. Power Rating 4.4 Amperes
- Dual Action Multi Surface Brush Roll Uses An Innovative Microfiber And Nylon Brush To Mop And Pick Up Dry Debris At The Same Time
- Two Tank System Keeps Cleaning Solution And Dirty Water Separate To Ensure That You'Re Always Cleaning With A Fresh Mix Of Water And Formula
- Smart Touch Controls On The Handle Allow You To Easily Switch Between Cleaning Hard Floors And Area Rugs And Control Your Solution With An On Demand Solution Trigger
Last update on 2020-07-08 PST - Details
It is not a secret that I love Bissell designs. They are stylish and sophisticated. I believe beside cleaning capability, good-looking appearance attracts instant attention and helps to boost the sales. Bissell once again didn’t disappoint me. Two models look modern and strong. Both models are different from color scheme. While Bissell 1785a has black, green and white colors, the 17859 is available in black, blue and white. The handle is in D-shape and made up of rubber for comfortable feelings. Both Bissell CrossWave 17859 and 1785a don’t have an auto-rewind feature, yet there is a position for you to unwrap the power cord. This won’t take much space for storage. In addition, the on/off button is on the handle. The whole body can lay flat to reach under sofas or beds. The low-profile head allows them to reach tricky positions like behind upholstery. Both units are designed with 25-ft cord which is pretty long for easy mobility.
Bissell 17859 and 1785a might look pretty the same. They weigh around 11 pounds. With this weight, you are still able to carry them around with ease. There is a small handle on top of the water tank so that you can lift them off and move to another place or go up/downstairs. To facilitate gliding of these vacuums, Bissell equipped them with 2 wheels at the back. Also, they can move smoothly across the floor and carpets without causing damage thanks to the swivel steering.
The Cleaning Performance
Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. Nothing is perfect. Also, their capability is almost similar with one or two upgrades of the 17859.
The Bissell CrossWave 1785a includes a nozzle tray, a brush roll attached tray and cleaning formulas (8 oz.)
The Bissell CrossWave 17859 includes a multi-surface brush, a multi-surface cleaner (8 oz.), a parking tray, a wood floor brush and a wood floor cleaner (8 oz.)
In general, Bissell 17859 vs 1785a are similarly priced. The gap is not big, yet the 17859 is a bit more costly.
Bissell CrossWave 17859
Bissell CrossWave 1785a
They both receive positive feedbacks on Amazon. Bissell 17859 vs 1785a are rated 4.1 out 5 stars. People left positive comments like they were totally thrilled by their performance and cool design. Those models did well on various types of floorings, including houses with tile, hardwood and carpeted areas. However, a few customers found it heavy to carry around.
All in all, both of them have all the things that you need for a good vacuum cleaner: stylish looks, user-friendly features, powerful performance and good prices. Honestly, Bissell CrossWave 17859 and 1785a are fifty-fifty. You definitely can’t go wrong with either of them.
What is your point of view?