Vacuum cleaners play an essential role in human life. They are the machines which keep your home clean without tiredness. Not only having cleaning function, the vacuum cleaners also have amazing features for you to enjoy your time while the house is cleansed. Some come with a schedule program so that even though you are not home, the cleaners still do their jobs perfectly. Or, they have features which filter out allergens and small particles and get rid of unpleasant odors for the sake of your family’s health. Because of all these merits, people wish to own a cleaner which delivers quality results at affordable price.
Bissell is a world recognized name in terms of home appliances. Its products are stylish and budget-friendly. Today, I’ll introduce you other two great cleaners from this brand which will satisfy your needs and budget.
Bissell 1940 vs 1806: Comparison And Review
In the latest article, I talked about two famous steam mops, the Bissell 1940 and 19404. Today, let’s compare and review another pair of steam mops, which is Bissell 1940 vs 1806.
Both of them are steam mops which are worthy of your hard of earned money. They both can do a good job to keep your hard floors clean. This is important if you have while tiled floors since there should be something powerful to get that deep clean. In this article, I would like to give an honest review about the differences and similarities of Bissell 1940 vs 1806. If you are tired of cleaning tough stains and need something powerful at affordable prices, these two definitely can live up the hype.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts
- Every Bissell purchase helps save pets. Bissell proudly supports Bissell pet foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Sanitize your hard floors to eliminate 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria without the use of harsh chemicals; (When used as directed; Does not include fragrance disc)
- Powerfresh deluxe steam mop has an on board spot boost brush to remove tough, sticky messes
- Leave behind a refreshing spring breeze scent as you clean. Power rating: 12 ampere, power cord length: 25 feet
- Easily fill the water tank with the Included measuring cup
Last update on 2020-09-20 PST - Details
Both Bissell 1940 vs 1806 are corded steam mops, which means you’ll have a limited working space and have to depend on outlets for power source. They feature a 25-ft power cord, around 7.6 m. luckily, with that length, you can still cover large area using single wall socket. Units don’t have automatic cord rewind system. The cord wraps around an upper and lower parts.
Speaking of its appearance, both of them give me a feeling of “rich kids”. They really look high-end products and I love Bissell’s design. They are tall and slim, looking elegant and sophisticated. The Bissell 1940 has a white body with bright blue and a gray cord. Meanwhile, the 1806 has a white body with dark blue accents and a gray cord. Another similar point is the width of cleaning path. Both model can clean an area of 12 inches at once.
Firstly, with that slim design, Bissell 1940 vs 1806 can’t be heavy. These two steam mops are about the same size, around 6 pounds in empty state and 7 pounds if there is water. Going up/down stairs won’t be a problem now with these cleaners. Also, the swivel heads allows them to turn and avoid damaging your property. The main body is able to lay flat in a combination of low-profile base so that you can get under furniture with ease.
The Cleaning Performance
They are suitable for cleaning hard floors like tiles, stone, vinyl, but at the same time hardwood and laminate. The main mechanism is using the power of steam, combined with the scrubbing effect of the steam mop pads.
The Bissell 1940 comes with a few of attachments included with this machine, namely carpet glide, detachable microfiber pads and fragrance discs.
The Bissell 1806 comes with fragrance and 2 pads.
Both of them have similar price, under $100, or the difference is not big (if any).
Bissell 1940 receives over 8 thousand of positive feedbacks on Amazon. It is rated 4.1 out of 5 stars, which proves how popular this machine is. Most customers claimed that this machine was totally worth the money. The steam was great and there was no residue left on floors. It even cleaned 10-year-old grout. However, some customer pointed out that the tank cap was easily broken.
Bissell 1806 is rated 4.3 out 5 stars on Amazon. People, in general, loved the design which is lightweight and skinny. Being powerful and having 2 steam settings were enough for the majority, especially at that incredible price. Many people even complimented it was better than 1940 model. Yet, this cleaner was a no-go for waxed stained concrete floors.
Both Bissell 1940 and 1806 are great machines. They are designed to deliver high-quality performance at affordable prices. And, with few differences, you can’t go wrong with either of them. With the hot steam, stubborn dirt is no longer a hardship.
Which one, the Bissell 1940 and 1806, will you choose? Leave your answer below.