No one can deny the benefits vacuum cleaners have brought about. Especially, in this busy world, people have too much to deal with and they don’t have enough time to spend on household chores. The problem is that home environment is extremely essential because it will directly affect our well-being. Well, this is the reason for the development of technology. People can tackle all the problems with just one small machine. We already know that vacuum cleaners reduce a considerable amount of time and energy of users. However, they are actually the best way to clean the house as they have features filtering out allergens and small particles for a fresher atmosphere.
- 1 Does Roomba Work On Thick Carpets?
- 1.1 Top 5 Roomba Work On Thick Carpets?
- 1.1.1 1.iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 1.1.2 2.iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity
- 1.1.3 3.iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning
- 1.1.4 4.iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
- 1.1.5 5.iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum
- 1.2 Final Thought
- 1.1 Top 5 Roomba Work On Thick Carpets?
Does Roomba Work On Thick Carpets?
There are a lot of tips when it comes to choosing best vacuums for thick carpets. For example, if you have a thought that the more powerful the better, you should eradicate it. Especially, this notion doesn’t apply for thick carpets. Strong suction might damage your carpeting’s fibers and lessen its life. Hence, you should look for a device with decent power. In addition, you should pay attention to vacuum cleaner with big wheels because the small wheels have a tendency to get stuck due to the thickness. And, many other things that you should take into account if you don’t want to ruin your precious property.
Robotic vacuums like the Roombas are ultimate in cleaning convenience. Unlike traditional design, robotic cleaners are self-cleaning. Thanks to smart dirt sensors, they can identify and clean messes on its own. However, the problem is that most people tend to choose full-sized models as they think those cleaners are stronger. Well, iRobot claims that its products are able to deliver excellent result on various flooring, even on carpets. Yet, Does Roomba Work On Thick Carpets? Let’s find out.
Top 5 Roomba Work On Thick Carpets?
- 3 Stage Cleaning system loosens, lifts, and suctions dirt, dust, and hair from hard floors and carpet
- Dual Multi Surface Brushes work together to grab dust, dirt, and large debris; The Auto Adjust cleaning head automatically adapts its height to effectively clean both carpets and hard floors
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of sensors intelligently navigate the robot under and around objects and under furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Edge Sweeping Brush is specially designed at a 27 degree angle to sweep debris away from edges and corners
- Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; Includes 1 dual mode virtual wall barrier for more control over where your robot cleans
- 3 stage cleaning system and dual multi surface brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Patented dirt detect sensors alert roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot home app; Compatible with amazon Alexa and the google assistant. Mobile device compatible software version: iphone: ios 11 or higher, android: os 5.0 or higher
- Just press CLEAN on the robot, no programming required
- 3-Stage Cleaning System loosens, lifts & suctions dirt
- Navigates under furniture and around clutter
- Automatically docks and recharges
- Sweeps wall edges and corners
- Power-Lifting Suction delivers 5X the air power for improved pick-up performance. (Compared to Roomba 600 Series)
- Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home. Patented iAdapt 2. 0 technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage.
- Ideal for homes with pets. Premium 3-stage cleaning system cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't.
- Unique dual multi-surface rubber brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors.
- High-Efficiency filter captures 99% of all allergens, pollen, and particles as small as 10 microns.
- Power Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick up performance; Automatically increases cleaning performance on carpets with Power Boost (Compared to Roomba 600 Series and AeroVac System)
- Patented iAdapt 2.0 Navigation with VSlam technology allows the robot to map its surroundings to clean an entire level of your home, around objects, and under furniture
- Ideal for homes with pets; Premium 3 stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't
- Dual Multi Surface Rubber Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors
- High efficiency filter traps 99 percent of cat and dog allergens
Last update on 2020-04-08 PST - Details
1.iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity
iRobot’s models offer outstanding suction and a comprehensive brush system along with long-lasting battery and user-friendly control. The Roomba 675 is a typical example of iRobot’s engineering prowess.
Every Roomba model has the same style. It comes with circular shape with glowing black shade. It has the central “Clean” button at the center of the robot for easy usability. There is a lift-up handle on the top which allows you to easily carry the 675 from one place to another. In addition, there is a soft bumper covering the front half of the Roomba 675. This action helps protect your furniture as well as the robot itself. Besides, the 675 has 13.4” in diameter and 3.5” in height.
The model weighs 11.8 pounds which is not heavy, to be honest. Also, beside the button on the surface, this robot comes with Wi-Fi connection. It is the ultimate convenience when you don’t have to get up and standing during the clean-up job. All you need to do is lying on the bed, starting the robot through the app and then the cleaner will do its job without your interference. Most of Roombas navigate through intelligent sensors. The 675 is able to sensor the cliff or edges to avoid fall-offs.
The Cleaning Performance
This is the most concerned feature when it comes to cleaning machine. If a vacuum does not meet the minimum requirements of a customer, you should consider an alternative. Let look at more details why these two smart floor cleaners are worthy your investment.
Roomba 675 includes charging station, line cord, 1 extra filter and a flat cleaning tool.
Although it is more expensive than most full-sized vacuum cleaner, its price is still affordable.
The iRobot Roomba 675 receives 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Many people who had wondered: “Does Roomba work on carpets?” were totally blown away by its performance. It was powerful, smart and time-saving. Yet, sometimes it got stuck.
2.iRobot Roomba 690 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity
Another robotic vacuum in this list is the Roomba 690. This cleaner belongs to the Roomba 600s but likes an upgraded version of Roomba 675. Does Roomba really wok on carpet? You will find the answer in the section below. Not only Roomba 675, but also the 690 can do a good job on thick carpet.
It has traditional design of a robotic vacuum. The unit is in circular shape combining a silver top with a black outer ring. The interface is simple and contains a number of button for easy operation. Durable walls allows the Roomba 690 to bump into walls, furniture, etc. without causing damages.
iRobot Roomba 690 vacuum has 3.6” in height and a width of 13”, which is pretty small and compact. This design allows the unit to get into those hard to reach areas most traditional vacuum can’t reach. In terms of weight, this vacuum is much lighter compared to previous models of Roomba, at 7.8 pounds. However, you should be aware of the situation in which the 690 slides under furniture or small space and gets stuck. Overall, it won’t affect the performance of the vacuum.
The Cleaning Performance
The Roomba 690 offers excellent cleaning performance and the operation is easy with a simplified user interface.
The Roomba 690 vacuum includes following tools: a virtual wall barrier, a charging station, 2 HEPA filters, a cleaning tool, a battery and a spinning brush.
This robotic vacuum cost around $300.
The Roomba 690 receives 4.1 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Most people were satisfied with its suction and powerful performance. Being quiet was another plus point of this machine. Its battery life was almost the same as 900 series. However, the size was a bit bulky and some customers didn’t like its appearance.
3.iRobot Roomba 620 Vacuum Cleaning
“The newer, the better” is not always right. Roomba series has many old robotic vacuums doing wonder at affordable prices. The 620 is an older version as compared to the 675 and 690. People usually don’t think robotic cleaners can do well on thick carpet. If you are wondering “Does Roomba 620 work on carpet?”, then you should read the information below.
This vacuum is only available in black color and it is one of the most original looking robotic vacuums on the market. Using this smart floor cleaner is pretty easy as it only has three buttons on the surface. The surface is covered with white while the edges are in black. As compared to the 675 and 690, Roomba 620 is more yellowish because there is a large yellow circle in the middle. With its dimensions and weight, the vacuum can fit in several places and clean perfectly some difficult positions in your house.
Besides being visually attractive, this model is extremely lightweight when compared to the 675 and 690. It weighs only 7.9 pounds. In addition, the dimension plays an essential role in terms of effectiveness. The dimensions of Roomba 620 are 17 x 18 x 5 inches. Those are relatively good dimensions which allows the machine to get under TV stands, sofas or beds. What’s more, it is designed with a lift-up handle so that you are able to bring it anywhere.
The Cleaning Performance
The machine’s performance is the most important as it affects our decisions. If it cannot perform at an acceptance level, we should think of alternatives. In short, in spite of stunning looks, I believe the capability of completing its task is still one of the ultimate factors before buying a vacuum.
The vacuum includes a cleaning tool, a docking station and an AC adapter.
Although it is equipped with enhanced features, the price is not that expensive. An amount of $300 is pretty affordable, right?
Roomba 620 receives 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon. In general, people were satisfied with its performance. People left comments like “Wonderful”, “Powerful yet lightweight”, etc. Also, the machine show fantastic capability in dealing with various messes. However, the robot sometimes run randomly.
4.iRobot Roomba 960 Robot Vacuum
Roomba has been developing continually over past decades. The models has evolved with upgrades and improvements. The latest Roomba is the 900 series. With this series, iRobot enhanced and equipped with more advanced technology as compared to the precious models. However, this also means it will cost you a lot more than the normal ones.
Like traditional Roombas, the Roomba 960 still preserves the minimalistic, compact and simple design. The surface design is pretty similar, only with different color. Roomba 960 is available in combination of black and gray color. It looks shiny and eye-catching. There’s one large greenish “CLEAN” button with two others on each side, namely home and spot cleaning button. Also, a camera embedded at the front of the 960 allows it to navigate more easily. The model measures 13.8 in diameter and 3.6 inches. With this low profile, the robot is able to get under various space. The 960 connects to Wi-Fi and you can control the vacuum with the iRobot Home app.
Weighing 8.5 pounds, it is light enough for you to carry it from one place to another. Also, robotic vacuums are self-machine which means they can do their job without your interference. The 960 is able to get under furniture, coffee tables and bed with ease. Especially, if there is some times you don’t feel like getting up, then start the robot through your smart phone.
The Cleaning Performance
It is the most crucial factor when it comes to vacuum cleaners. Robotic vacuum is expensive and we all want products that work excellently and meet our expectation.
The Roomba 960 includes 1 home base charging station, 1 rechargeable battery, 1 line cord, 1 virtual wall, 1 extra filter and 1 extra side brush.
It is one of the most advanced smart cleaner in the market. It definitely isn’t cheap. However, compared to the 980, this model is much cheaper.
With 70% of customer rated Roomba 960 5 stars on Amazon, it proves its popularity. Customers praised it for the fantastic cleaning performance on different floors and efficient way to remove pet hair. However, they also recommended that you shouldn’t buy it if you have a large house.
5.iRobot Roomba 980 Robot Vacuum
This is the newest and most advanced robotic vacuum in the list. Roomba 980 features cutting-edge technologies form iRobot. It is a dutiful helper around the house. Undoubtedly, this robot is the most powerful among the five. Thus, if you are wondering: “Does Roomba work on carpet?”, the 980 will be more than enough. It can work more than that and deal with an assortment of messes.
There is a saying that: If you have seen one Roomba, you’ve seen them all. All Roombas pretty look alike. Like the rest of the Roomba series, the 980 is a circular device with black trimmings and a near-futuristic look. If you think that the round shape mean the vacuum can’t reach into corners as effectively as the D-shaped robot, you are right. However, it doesn’t apply to Roombas because they have side brush for cleaning along the walls and corners. The dimensions of Roomba 980 is 13.9 inches in diameter and 3.6 inches in height. Like Roomba 960, it has a camera for iAdapt Navigation technology in the middle. All necessary buttons are near the top and the “CLEAN” button shine in greenish.
At 8.7 pounds, the 980 is significantly light so that you can cart it up and down flight of stairs. It even features a built-in handle for easy portability. In addition, it has Wi-Fi connection, which means you are able to start the machine without having to get up. With 3.6-inch height, it is ideal to go under furniture or bed and suck all the dirt up. Meanwhile, many full-sized vacuum struggle when it comes to those places.
The Cleaning Performance
If you are curious what makes the Roomba 980 outstanding, then you should spend next 2-3 minutes. I’ll make everything clean in details.
The Roomba 980 includes 1 home base charging station, rechargeable batteries, 1 line cord, 2 virtual walls, 1 extra filter and 1 extra side brush.
This robotic is the most expensive among the 5 vacuums. It costs almost $800.
Every owners were happy with their purchases. Roomba 980 won their heart by showing a fantastic job on removing pet hair and allergens. Also, the fact that the machine has running time up to 120 minutes was a great plus point. They were 100% satisfied with the quality and price. Nevertheless, it seems that someone found a fault on dark hardwood floors.
Thick carpets pose a challenge when it comes to clean and maintain it. For those who are still confused about whether Roomba works on thick carpets, the list above is the answer. With top-notch features and smart designs, Roomba models are good choice for those who want to enjoy the advancement of technology.